Microsoft Excel VBA and Macros (Office 2021 and Microsoft 365) Spiral-Bound |
Bill Jelen, Tracy Syrstad
from Up to 30 ratings
Microsoft Excel VBA and Macros (Office 2021 and Microsoft 365)
This book shows students how to make Excel do things you thought were impossible, discover macro techniques you won't find anywhere else, and create automated reports that are amazingly powerful. Bill Jelen and Tracy Syrstad help students instantly visualize information, so they can act on it… capture data from anywhere, and use it anywhere… automate Excel's best new features. Students will find simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world case studies, and workbooks packed with bonus examples, macros, and solutions—straight from MrExcel!
Renowned Excel experts Bill Jelen (MrExcel) and Tracy Syrstad help you automate Excel tasks to get more done, faster than ever.
Use this guide to automate virtually any routine Excel task: save yourself hours, days, maybe even weeks. Make Excel do things you thought were impossible, discover macro techniques you won’t find anywhere else, and create automated reports that are amazingly powerful. Bill Jelen and Tracy Syrstad help you instantly visualize information to make it actionable; capture data from anywhere, and use it anywhere; and automate the best new features in Microsoft Excel. You’ll find simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world case studies, and 50 workbooks packed with examples and complete, easy-to-adapt solutions.
By reading this book, you will:
- Quickly master Excel macro development
- Work more efficiently with ranges, cells, and formulas
- Generate automated reports and quickly adapt them for new requirements
- Learn to automate PivotTables to summarize, analyze, explore, and present data
- Leverage more of Excel VBA’s power with classes, collections, and Advanced Filter
- Make the most of User-Defined Functions (UDFs), including new LAMBDA functions
- Build sophisticated UserForm custom dialogs to collect data from other Excel users
- Integrate data from the Internet, Access and SQL Server databases, and other sources
- Automatically generate charts, visualizations, sparklines, and Word documents
- Extend Excel’s power by controlling other Office programs and Windows itself
- Create Office Add-ins to expand worksheet functionality or streamline retrieval of external information
- Get started creating brand-new TypeScript applications for Excel Online
About This Book
• For everyone who wants to get more done with Microsoft Excel in less time
• For business and financial professionals, entrepreneurs, students, and others who need to efficiently manage and analyze data
Bill Jelen, Excel MVP and the host of MrExcel.com, has been using spreadsheets since 1985, and he launched the MrExcel.com website in 1998. Bill was a regular guest on Call for Help with Leo Laporte and has produced more than 2,300 episodes of his daily video podcast, Learn Excel from MrExcel. He is the author of 65 books about Microsoft Excel and writes the monthly Excel column for Strategic Finance magazine. Before founding MrExcel.com, Bill spent 12 years in the trenches—working as a financial analyst for finance, marketing, accounting, and operations departments of a $500 million public company. He lives in Merritt Island, Florida, with his wife, Mary Ellen.
Tracy Syrstad is a Microsoft Excel developer and author of ten Excel books. She has been helping people with Microsoft Office issues since 1997, when she discovered free online forums where anyone could ask and answer questions. Tracy found out she enjoyed teaching others new skills, and when she began working as a developer, she was able to integrate the fun of teaching with one-on-one online desktop sharing sessions. Tracy lives on an acreage in eastern South Dakota with her husband, two cats, two horses, and a variety of wild foxes, squirrels, and rabbits.